Currently, we are working on Above the Catacombs, but also occasionally do some work on our concept projects. Some of the projects featured in this timeline are expanded upon on our wiki. Projects listed first (at the top) are planned to be developed first.
Above the Catacombs
A Half-Life 2: Episode Two modification set four decades after an alien empire invaded Earth and installed the Suppression Field, a device that prevents any form of human reproduction. Females have gone extinct as a result, with men closely trailing behind on the path to extinction. The player takes the role of a middle-aged citizen living in one of the last functioning urban centers.
- Heavily scripted environments rendered in the Source engine
- Various ethical decisions available
- Dark industrial landscape set in a former American city
- Forced pacifism, requiring the player to avoid violence
- Linear gameplay mechanics
The Great Conversion
A concept project set in an underground celibate society in which an emerging ideology known as the "Great Conversion" is beginning to gain influence. The society must choose between supporting self-determination or unity. The player takes the role of a recent convert to the society and is able to choose how they may or may not influence the society's future.
- Each character in the society is simulated, each with their own history, personality and ideology
- The world revolves around itself, rather than the player, permitting dynamic changes
- Heavily propagandized experience meant to introduce the player to tranquilitism, the ideology of Freedom4Gamers
A concept project set in the grotesquely overcrowded and overpopulated City-State of Goliath, which houses over a billion people genetically engineered to mature faster for more efficient breeding. Inspired by the motion picture Soylent Green, the City-State of Goliath uses its own people as livestock and gigantic steamrollers to collect the dead or unfortunate during the city's daily riots. The player takes the role of a contract killer hired to find and assassinate the leader of an underground movement in the city advocating for population control.
- Hive mind crowd mechanics that attempt to simulate urban riots
- Population growth simulation
- Extreme display of violence
- Guided, but dynamically changing world, with internal factions and fluctuating social states
- Meant to teach the player how population growth devalues human beings
Garden of Eden
A concept project set in a hidden society that has somehow given its residents forced immortality. Inspired and based almost entirely off a dystopian dream experienced by GreenPepper one night; the inability to die has literally driven most to insanity and others to oppressive hopelessness. The player takes the role of a man who survived a plane crash after it had been struck down by a mysterious thunderstorm, only to become trapped in a partially functioning society in a state of perpetual madness.
- A complex system of social stratification
- Individually simulated characters
- Disturbing visuals of pollution, drug abuse and homelessness
- Total behavioural freedom for the player to decide their own character's actions rather than being guided
- Almost an entirely dynamically simulated world within certain canonical constraints
A concept project intended to simulate the effects of different ideological systems on virtual societies. Unlike the other projects, Ideotopia is a total dynamic simulation that handles the co-existence of multiple societies while individually simulating each citizen in intricate detail. The player has free range to influence the development of any society and can take control of any character at any time.
- Deep social simulation capable of handling religions, political systems and a wide variety of ideological views
- Total freedom to the player to influence the development of different cultures and control individual characters
- Optional setting to allow the computer to create its own ideologies
- Dynamic mass hysteria events depending on current social conditions
- Ability to simulate multiple societies existing at the same time and with the ability to connect with each other