The introduction sequence itself will be mostly composed of cut scenes, but will transition smoothly into a short interactive segment. Don't worry, I am not a fan of cut scenes in games, especially ones that are excessively long, but I feel a cinematic introduction is necessary to convey the atmosphere I am going for. In case you're wondering about why the sequence takes place before the Seven Hour War, it is due to the fact that it is actually a dream the player has before waking up in the Niagara Apartments (the area you explore in the versions already released).
I am feeling very pleased with the direction the modification is going in and I am confident that I will be able to release the Alpha 1 version in a matter of months.
This week's log (in hours)
- Mapping (2)
- Texturing (1)
- Mapping (3.25)
- Mapping (0.75)
- Concept (0.5)
- Concept (1)
- Mapping (2)
- Mapping (1.5)
- Mapping (3)
- A lot of work has been done this week, mostly on a pre-war garbage truck/plow brush.
- Instead of trying to have the exterior level ready for Alpha 1, a new introduction sequence will be available along with the already present Niagara Apartments (the exterior level will be in a later version, such as Alpha 2).
- Production is steadily increasing and moving forward towards the completion of Alpha 1, which should be out in a matter of months.
- Week 134 Newsletter (October 30, 2016)
- GreenPepper (lead developer)
Quote of the week:
"To have once been a criminal is no disgrace. To remain a criminal is the disgrace." - Malcolm X