To the left is the finalized design for the Citadel, slightly smaller than the retail version. At the bottom left is an apartment building to get a sense of scale. The Citadel probably won't be very visible while the player is inside City 23 due to the overcrowded nature of the buildings built before the Seven Hour War. However, outside the city, in the ruins of the urban sprawl where the vast barren desert of the Forbidden World meets, the Citadel will be far more visible; it will seemingly stand out as the "tip of the iceberg" of the metallic superstructure that makes up of the downtown area.
You may remember from my earlier designs, I intended the Citadel to be like an actual iceberg, where only the tip of it is exposed and a massive foundation remains hidden beneath the Earth's surface. Well, I am still sticking to that idea. The Citadel after all is essentially meant to be both a massive power plant and a manufacturing facility.
In addition, the Citadel also acts as a dimensional transporter.
- GreenPepper has made good progress on the exterior level.
- The exterior level is meant to be small and represent part of a massive metallic superstructure that served as the downtown area of an industrialized American city present before the invasion.
- A design for the Citadel of City 23 has been finalized.
- Week 115 Newsletter (June 26, 2016)
- GreenPepper (lead developer)
Quote of the week:
"I have more respect for a man who lets me know where he stands, even if he's wrong. Than the one who comes up like an angel and is nothing but a devil." - Malcolm X