My vision of the piping in particular can be described as like overgrown vines, twisting and clinging to the geometry, making it look like industry has literally a life of its own.
It should be noted that of course once the big details are sorted out, I will certainly be focusing again on the small details. One thing you may have noticed with the image above is the lack of support beams for one of the elevated train tracks. That and many other oddities will be eventually corrected to look at least somewhat believable.
- The level design has been worked on significantly during the past week.
- When mapping, focus on the big details first before the small.
- 3D modelling software is essential to creating environments with rounded and curvy objects.
- Week 113 Newsletter (June 12, 2016)
- GreenPepper (lead developer)
Quote of the week:
"There is often talk of human rights, but it is also necessary to talk of the rights of humanity. Why should some people walk barefoot, so that others can travel in luxurious cars? Why should some live for thirty-five years, so that others can live for seventy years? Why should some be miserably poor, so that others can be hugely rich? I speak on behalf of the children in the world who do not have a piece of bread. I speak on the behalf of the sick who have no medicine, of those whose rights to life and human dignity have been denied." - Fidel Castro